Due to the escalating conflict in Yemen all our projects have been suspended until further notice. To read more about Progressio's response to the conflict and humanitarian crisis in Yemen click here.
- take a look at our photo gallery of Yemeni women with fighting spirits
- find out about the work of Yemeni 'women champions' in the Progressio magazine
- get involved in our Unbreakable campaign: unbreakable women's voices must be heard
Previous to the conflict, working with our partners we were:
- helping women, particularly those who are poor and vulnerable, to empower themselves to achieve equality within Yemeni institutions;
- building the capacity of water users to better manage their own water resources and have a voice regarding water management issues;
- supporting local councils and CSOs to integrate water and environmental planning into their annual plans;
- strengthening the capacity, skills and knowledge of individuals, organisations and communities to make informed choices and to combat the spread of HIV;
- improving the psycho-social and network support for people living with HIV;
- helping people living with HIV empower themselves to advocate for policies and legislation which improve access to HIV testing services, treatment and care;
- increasing knowledge and understanding of HIV and AIDS prevention, care and support among male and female faith leaders, and ther ability to preach accurate messages about HIV.