Guardian journalism competition
Rob Trask in Malawi
Rob Trask, a finalist in the amateur category, went with us to Malawi to write about the role of faith in responding to HIV.
- Read Rob's article on the Guardian website: Religion spreads the word
And read his case studies from Malawi on the Guardian website:
- 'God has something planned for us, that's why he keeps us alive'
- Power and accountability
- Malawi's HIV-treatment funding gap
- 'Money goes where the need is greatest'
And there's more! Take a look at Rob's fantastic blogs for Progressio about what he saw and who he met:
Charlotte Maugham in Timor-Leste
Charlotte Maugham, a finalist in the professional category, went with us to Timor-Leste to write about how women are challenging inequality and participating in development.
- Read Charlotte's article on the Guardian website: Timor-Leste: Resolve of a fragile nation
- Read Charlotte's blog about her trip to Timor-Leste
Read her case studies from Timor-Leste on the Guardian website:
- Recovering from a horrific cycle of domestic violence
- On a mission to provide basic health care for all
- Women fight for a voice on council
- The woman who is proof HIV need not be a death sentence
Progressio's media officer Lucy Jenkinson went with Charlotte to Timor-Leste - read her take on some of the things they saw and the people they met in her...