Families sheltering from political unrest in the grounds of the Canossian Convent at Balide in Dili, the capital of Timor-Leste. Photo © Marcus Perkins/Progressio
We support civil society organizations to advocate for inclusive local governance, women’s rights and to strengthen HIV and AIDS prevention and support services.
Working with our partners we are:
• promoting the involvement of PLHIV at all levels of policy development and implementation;
• increasing the participation of social leaders in gender, stigma and discrimination reduction activities related to HIV;
• strengthening the ability of civil society organizations to respond to HIV;
• promoting the development and implementation of legislation to protect women from gender based violence, and to give them equal access to markets, and land and property rights;
• raising awareness and knowledge at community level of domestic and sexual gender based violence and other key gender issues;
• strengthening the development coordination and representation role of civil society at local level.