Working with our partners we are:
- promoting agro-ecology and sustainable, equitable farming approaches and access to markets in order to increase quality of life for poor and marginalised people;
- working to ensure that poor people have sustainable and equitable access to natural resources through sustainable management of forests and water;
- promoting the voices of the poor and marginalised communities, especially women, in order to increase local and national government transparency, accountability and responsiveness to those communities;
- helping to increase the voice, influence and capacity of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and groups vulnerable to HIV to advocate for change and to present key issues to decision makers;
- supporting small companies and the transport sector to develop workplace HIV policies that help employees living with HIV to access prevention and care services, reduce levels of stigma and improve organisational performance;
- contributing towards the reduction of new HIV infections among disabled people though HIV and AIDS information for visually and hearing impaired persons.
Progressio ICS in Zimbabwe
Our Progressio ICS volunteers in Zimbabwe are working alongside local young people on community, education, livelihoods and environmental projects.
Our regional projects
Our Southern Africa regional office in Zimbabwe also oversees our work in Malawi and a capacity-building project in South Africa and Zambia.
Support women to take control of their lives
Read the story of 'Champion Farmer' Elena here and donate to support our work with women in the Dominican Republic.
£10 helps provide a family with their first hens
£30 helps train a ‘multiplier’ on violence against women issues
£50 helps a woman start a family nutrition garden
£75 helps train a women’s group on local authority budgeting
Follow us on twitter
For great pictures and news from the Global South:
Get news from Progressio
Don't worry we won't pass on your details